This branch of medicine includes two surgical specialties dealing with the female reproductive organs and as such are often combined to form one single medical specialty. This combined training prepares the practicing physician to be adept at the surgical management of the entire scope of the clinical pathology involving female reproductive organs and often in cases of urinary tract issues, to care for both pregnant and non pregnant patients.
An obstetrician sees a pregnant woman on a regular basis to check the progress of the pregnancy, to verify the absence of disease, to monitor the progress of any pre-existing disease and its possible effect on the pregnancy.
Services offered by an OB/GYN provider would include:
- Well Woman examinations
- Sexually transmitted diseases screening and management
- Contraceptive counseling
- Sexual health and management of sexual dysfunction
- Diagnosis and management of breast disorders.
- Bladder health and incontinence management.
- Menopause management
- Infertility management
- Preconception care
- Prenatal and postnatal care
- High-risk pregnancy management
- Surgical procedures including hysterectomies, ablative procedures, and minimally invasive diagnostic or treatment procedures including colonoscopy, LEEP, and cryosurgery.
- Female aesthetic services
Our Obstetrics and gynecology Transcription Services can assist you to deliver your reports in less than 24 hours from initial patient registration.